Having chosen the ideal location, which can satisfy all your needs (in this regard, we invite you to discover all the holiday apartments on Lake Garda of Borgo Alba Chiara, in Toscolano Maderno), the question is: what can you do? What to see or experience during your stay?
There are two types of tourists:
- the one who loves to stay in the surroundings, enjoy the services of the structure, participate in the events of the village and take as little as possible the car or public transport to get around;
- the one who prefers to discover all the beauties of the area, go to visit characteristic places, move around a lot during the day and return to the structure to rest and relax.
Well, in any case, the residence on Lake Garda Borgo Alba Chiara is an excellent starting point. We have fully furnished two-room, three-room and four-room holiday apartments, equipped with all comforts and conveniences, to spend nights immersed in the history of this ancient residence. And as far as services are concerned, we have a small playground for children, two swimming pools (one with a fountain and counter-current swimming), a large solarium area in the green with umbrellas and sunbeds, a barbecue area for outdoor grilling and free wi-fi. The residence is also pet-friendly, so you can spend your holiday on Lake Garda with your dog as well.
And for those who want to organize much more, here are our tips.
Holidays on Lake Garda and sports
Let's start with the water, the main element of Garda:
- surf and kitesurf driven by the Pelèr wind, especially in the northern part of the lake;
- canyoning in the rocky gorges, among the streams, for those who want adrenaline;
- sailing or rowing boat, relaxing and fun experiences at the same time;
- scuba diving, because Lake Garda is splendid even below the surface of the water
And on land:
- trekking among the hilly and mountainous paths that surround the lake;
- mountain biking, following the many trails in the mountains;
- Nordic walking, because it is great to keep fit in nature;
- road cycling, among the many bike paths that connect the various coastal villages;
- golf, a noble sport made even more beautiful by the surrounding area's wealth;
- tennis, running, horse riding, and many others
We like to amaze you, in the air:
Who wants to try the experience of jumping into the void with a paraglider? During your holiday on Lake Garda you can also experience this activity!
We could define Lake Garda as a huge outdoor gym, a territory so varied that it lends itself to any type of physical activity, made even more surprising and exciting by the landscape and nature. We could call it the perfect destination for those who like to keep fit even on vacation.
Holidays on Lake Garda and fun
But the fun doesn't end here. Lake Garda is the kingdom of Europe's most famous amusement parks: Gardaland, Movieland, Caneva World, Natura Viva Safari Park, See Life, adventure parks like Rimbalzello Adventure and many others. You will never be bored, there is no doubt!
Holidays on Lake Garda and culture
During your cultural holiday on Lake Garda you have to include a visit to the Vittoriale degli Italiani in Gardone Riviera, only 10 minutes from our residence by car. What is it? The Vittoriale was the home of Gabriele d'Annunzio, today a museum with open-air theater with lake view and gardens full of fountains, waterways and beautiful plants in which to get lost. During the summer season, right in this amphi theater, an exceptional festival is organized with renowned artists from all over the world, singing, dancing and acting (for more information, we leave you the direct link to Tener-a-Mente).
Another Must-See of the area are the Grotte di Catullo in Sirmione, a huge well-preserved Roman villa, an archaeological example for the whole northern part of Italy of a private mansion of those times. Playing at home instead, we recommend our Villa Romana dei Noni Arii, here in Toscolano, only a two minutes walk from our Residence, also with lake view!
Speaking of museums, we leave you some useful links to discover the many museums that enrich the west coast of Garda, in our opinion each one of them deserves a visit during your holidays on Lake Garda:
- Paper museum in Toscolano
- Mu.Sa in Salò
- Lemon house Castel in Limone sul Garda
- MAG in Riva del Garda
- Museum Divino Infante in Gardone Riviera
- Museum Rocca in Manerba
Food and wine, the flavors of your stay
Let's start from the King, the extra virgin olive oil, famous all over the world for its lightness and delicacy, is defined as the green gold of the territory. Let's move on to the mainland, who has never heard of the lemon groves on the west coast of Lake Garda? Real greenhouses that exist only here, able to protect the citrus plants and allow a precious cultivation like this throughout the year. Citrus fruits are the fundamental ingredient of many typical recipes: limoncino, lemon cream liqueur, cedar water, sweets and much more.
The wine, which comes from luxuriant vineyards in the hills of the western and eastern coast of Lake Garda, is the protagonist of special fairs, events, festivals and there are also thematic itineraries to discover precisely the production areas and the most renowned wineries in the area. We just need to remember the Garda Classico, Lugana, Bardolino, Merlot but there are hundreds of varieties produced in these hills.
If we are already on holiday on Lake Garda, don't we want to say a word about freshwater fish? The recipes we love the most: pike with gardesana sauce (onion and oil), fried sardines in Saor served with pickled onions, grilled whitefish, fried perch or pan-fried with cherry tomatoes and zucchini.
We conclude with a roundup of delicious specialties, which we cannot forget: cheeses from the valleys, game meat from our mountains, the Brescia spit, polenta, mushrooms and much more.
Holidays on Lake Garda and relaxation: between wellness centers and walks
Among the most popular walks, we recommend the one in Valle delle Cartiere, easily reachable from Residence Borgo Alba Chiara and also recommended for families with small children.
Holidays on Lake Garda: what to do if it's raining
- why not take advantage of a rainy day to visit the many museums? For example, the MuSa is not to be missed, a structure inaugurated in 2015 in Salò that accompanies the visitor in the discovery of the culture of Lake Garda, including art and scientific collections and even an archaeological section;
- alternatively, you can choose to experience an atmosphere of other times by visiting one of the many historic mansions around the lake. Just an hour from Borgo Alba Chiara, in Sirmione, you can, for example, visit one of the best preserved castles in Italy: the enchanting Scaliger Castle;
- why not dedicate yourself to a day of shopping and look for some typical souvenirs to take home for family or friends? It will be the perfect opportunity to visit one of the picturesque typical villages: Salò, Desenzano or Sirmione! In short, for those who choose to enjoy a holiday on Lake Garda, it is impossible not to find things to do, even if it rains!